LAST UPDATED: 07/22/08
A. The information we gather.
Human Landscaping gathers two types of information about users:
Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When visitors use the Services, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were "clicked." Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Services. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of our web site and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements.
Please note that our advertisers and their designees, as well as other third parties, may collect information about you through cookies or other technologies when they serve advertisements through the Services or when you visit their Web site(s). Additionally, the Services contain links to other third party Web sites, including co-branded or other affiliated sites which may or may not be owned or operated by or in conjunction with Human Landscaping. You acknowledge that we do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties, and are not responsible for their practices or the content of their web sites, including their use of any information (such as IP number, browser type, or operating system) collected when visitors or Members "click through" links to their sites or view advertisements served by them. Even though certain information collected by such third parties might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices, and to contact such third parties if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies.
Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the Services - such as those in which you Announce Availability, complete a profile, submit your r�sum�, create a new account - we may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, zip code, profession, or work experience. We will, in such situations, seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional.
Job seekers should post profiles and resumes on Human Landscaping only if they wish such information to be viewed by Human Landscaping's customers. At any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by Human Landscaping's customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or, if that is not possible, they may contact Human Landscaping at support@Human Landscaping.com and we will make the change for them.
The Services are not available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
Please note that Human Landscaping cannot control the acts of users of the Services. All members and visitors should be aware that, when they disclose personally identifiable information in a resume or profile or other medium, the information may be collected and used by others to send that person unsolicited email from other parties outside Human Landscaping. In the event that you encounter any Human Landscaping user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact privacy@Human Landscaping.com.
B. How we use (and do not use) the information we gather.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while Human Landscaping encourages all third parties involved - including but not limited to its advertisers - to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and members and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from Human Landscaping or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with Human Landscaping, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact privacy@Human Landscaping.com. We will be happy to forward your message to the third party or contact the third party on your behalf.
1. How we use (and do not use) non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and members, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
2. How we use (and do not use) personally identifiable information: Human Landscaping does not sell, re-sell or distribute for re-sale your personally identifiable information. Human Landscaping's customers may only use the information provided in resumes and profiles of job seekers to evaluate seekers' qualifications for the customer's open job opportunities. Job seekers should be aware, however, that Human Landscaping has no way to control how a customer actually uses the service and how they use the resume and profile information. If you believe a Human Landscaping customer is using personally identifiable information inappropriately, please notify Human Landscaping at privacy@Human Landscaping.com.
Please note that Human Landscaping reserves the right to disclose information submitted by or concerning any visitor or member as we reasonably feel is necessary to protect our systems or business. Specifically, but without limitation, we reserve the right to disclose such information when a visitor or member is in violation of our published guidelines, or acts in any harmful, infringing or illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, and to disclose such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests, and as otherwise required by law, as well as in response to allegations of infringement. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our servers or services for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement for investigation or prosecution, or to suspend or terminate your membership in connection with any suspected illegal or infringing activity. Finally, Human Landscaping reserves the right to assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party your personally identifiable information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of any portion or all of Human Landscaping's or its affiliated entities' assets or stock.
Subject to the foregoing, Human Landscaping uses your personally identifying information in several ways:
* to customize various aspects of the Services to your preferences;
* to determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen;
* to send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the Services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to "opt out" of receiving such messages);
* to "pre-populate" forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Human Landscaping and/or its sponsors (in no case will pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to an advertiser or other third party - only if you voluntarily request that such data be transferred will any such transfer take place, e.g., by clicking the "Submit" button); and
* as may be necessary to support the operation of the Services, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
In addition to the circumstances described above, Human Landscaping may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as follows:
* When a job seeker posts a profile or resume on Human Landscaping on a non-confidential basis, such information will be shared with Human Landscaping's customers. (Note that at any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by Human Landscaping's customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or they may contact Human Landscaping at support@Human Landscaping.com and we will make the change for them.)
* When a job seeker elects to make his or her profile searchable by Human Landscaping customers on a confidential basis only, the user's name, contact information and resume will not be displayed to customers performing searches on Human Landscaping. If the customer desires to contact the confidential job seeker regarding an employment opportunity, it will send an email to the job seeker through the Human Landscaping system. Human Landscaping will forward the email to the seeker's email address. The seeker's email address will not be provided directly to the customer.
* All information made available to Human Landscaping may be made available to our contractors and consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
C. Deleting or correcting personal information
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from Human Landscaping's database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at privacy@Human Landscaping.com, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within Human Landscaping databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however Human Landscaping reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former customers or users of Human Landscaping.